GEMS is a relationship building, club program created especially for girls!
At club girls have the opportunity to participate in:
• Making new friends and being part of a caring small group
• Getting to know Jesus
• Participating in worship through song and creative movement
• Studying God’s Word and learning how to apply it to her life
• Developing important life skills through badge activities
• Making fun and creative crafts
• Participating in service projects that make a difference
• Finding answers to challenges that face girls today
The mission of GEMS Girls' Clubs is to bring girls into a living, dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ. To help foster this all-important relationship between each girl and Christ, other relationships are nurtured as well - between girls, and between girls and their counsellor (leader).
Girls in clubs are organized into small, age appropriate groups with one leader or counsellor for each group of six to eight girls. It is through these small groups, and the weekly interactions that take place in club, that faith is nurtured and developed, and long lasting friendships are made.
The ministry of GEMS Girls' Clubs has been serving churches for over 50 years! During these years, thousands of girls' lives have been changed forever. Today, there are over 23,000 girls who are members of GEMS Girls' Clubs, with 5,200 women enthusiastically serving as their counsellors and mentors.
The ministry is non-denominational with club participation in several different denominations and non-denominational churches and Christian organizations throughout Canada, United States and the world! Culturally relevant curriculum is developed from a reformed perspective.